Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Goodbye!

Hi everyone! Well, I guess now that I am leaving the enquiry unit this will be my last blog! *sob*

This year has been the best year of university so far, no doubt about that, so much has happened this year and I've had some amazing moments with some fantastic friends! It’s been tough, not going to brush that aside, but it has all been worth it! Living in Greenwich only a walk away from the university was also good, it made it so easy to see everyone and get to work (enquiry unit and research centre).

I think I’m going to start my last blog by saying… congratulations to one of my best friends Avneet on her wedding over the weekend just gone! Her and her new hubby Leo got married in India! I’m very proud of her and I want to wish them both all the best for the future! J

I also have some good news, I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago at the University of Sunderland London campus at Canary Wharf, within two weeks I was called in for the interview, I did the interview, I got a call the next day and I got the job!!! :D I’m starting in 2 weeks which is scary but the area is lovely and the people seem really nice. My title will be ‘Student Relations Assistant’, which will involve advising and supporting students about university life. It goes well with my degree and my experience J. I feel lucky as it was my first interview and I've only just finished university so I’m happy J.

So I have that to look forward to, everything feels like it’s coming around so fast and I cannot believe that this is my last day in the enquiry unit. My degree is done, the final results come out next week too which I’m kind of looking forward to but I know what I’m coming out with now anyway which is a high 2:1 J.

It’s been such a great experience, and anyone reading this, I hope you give university a serious thought as it has honestly been the best experience of my life and the best years of my life, and I feel it will be the same for anyone. I've met amazing people, I've had eye opening experiences, it’s made me mature, it’s made me aware of so many things that I probably wouldn't know about if I didn't go, and also, living on your own in a multicultural capital really does help you become independent! My degree, along with my work experience and all of the fun stuff I've done here really has made me the person I am today.

I really want to thank everyone over the past three years, mainly the lecturers and my managers for helping through university and making me come through as the person I am today and with the qualifications and experience I have achieved. The lecturers were amazing, they gave us advice and helped us get good grades and even though they were very busy with their own research, they gave as much help as they can! My managers in the enquiry unit and the research centre were also lovely J I've had a great time and gained really valuable experiences from both work places. All of the supervisors need a good thank you too as they were all great with helping us all in the enquiry unit! I had so many questions all of the time, but they were always happy to help us J.

To end my last blog, I’m going to bid you all farewell, and I hope you give university a good think, as it’s not just about getting a job at the end, but it’s the experiences you gain throughout which makes you a more mature, knowledgeable and independent person. It’s also about the friends you make and discovering yourself as a person J. So, I’m going to now enjoy my time off (2 weeks until my new job) by going on holiday to Spain with my family and boyfriend! I hope you all go away and enjoy the sun as it doesn't look like we’re getting any here!

It was great blogging to you all over the past year, I hope you've enjoyed my blogs and what I've been up to J.

Hayley 
x





No comments:

Post a Comment