Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

Flying by!

So the last few weeks have flown by and I’m trying to keep up with all the work that third year has thrown at me! I’ve been doing a lot of work on my literature review and gave in my first draft a week ago. My supervisor said it’s a strong start (thank god!) so I’m now doing my second draft. There’s definitely a lot more work to be done this year, but it is the final year so I suppose it makes sense!
I’m really enjoying my modules; all of the lecturers are really enthusiastic and want all of us to do really well. The sociology department have set up workshops for us to attend which involve tips on how to get a 1st class in your essays and exams, that’s been really helpful so far and has made me aim for a 1st in my dissertation, or even overall but let’s start with the dissertation :P.
Over the last couple of weeks I began my mentoring in the psychology research centre that I work for. So far it’s been fantastic and all of the other mentors are great! I went to the Isle of Sheppey on Wednesday and mentored the Year 9’s in a school there; they were all really happy to see us and got excited about the project we’re all working on. We told them about the France trip that we’ll all be going on in February and they all got really excited about that (which made me all excited too!).
I’ve now been living in my flat for about a month now, me and my boyfriend have bought canvas’s and a big rug for the living room to make it more cosy so it feels like home now! I’ve been pretty busy since Uni has begun, but it’s been so much fun and I’ve really enjoyed third year so far! I’ve been going round my friends’ houses/ flats a lot as they all live down the road around the Greenwich campus which is handy!
This weekend I am going to see the new Bond film ‘Skyfall’, I’ve heard that it’s one of the best Bond films but I’ll let you know next time I write to you! Apart from that, I think my weekend will be filled with essay writing and revision… fun, fun, fun!
Speak to you soon! J

No comments:

Post a Comment